Never a dull moment..the reader's digest condensed version!

We had an adventure Friday. The chain of events:

1. Ed calls me at 4pm-brakes aren't working. He's on the other side of the county, and won't get to the day care in time.

2. I call the manager scheduled for 6, and she graciously comes in early so I can go get the kids before day care closes at 6:30 (got there at 6:10)

3. Now, scramble to get the bag of quarters at home. My car is on E, and I didn't think I'd be going anywhere until after Ed got home with paycheck.

4. Then we take the hour to get to his job, he gave me the wrong intersection for his office, so I pass by and call him when I'm at the end of Ehrlich road. That part of the road I'm very familiar with, the mall I used to work at is two blocks away! "Didn't I tell you Turner Road?" Nope, Hunter Road-no such place.

5. Get him, and go to Circle K to cash his check, then to walmart for brake fluid. It takes a half hour at Circle K to get this done. Reason for doing this is that our bank took NINE days to clear his last paycheck. Treated it as an out of state check, instead of a federal check.

6. back to his office w/the brake fluid-cross our fingers. Fortunately, that that's all the jeep needs

7. It works! We drive home to change shirts (his sweaty, me still in work clothes) and get dinner (at 9:45pm!)

8. Traveling to the restaurant, got a call from work-deposit off by A LOT. We happen to be going to a restaurant close to store, so we decide to go over and I'll help her out.

9. Ed and kids sit in car, I spend an hour and a half finding and fixing problem. It ends up two transactions were never voided. Once fixed, we could make the deposit and go.

10. Ended up getting McD's on the way home (12midnight). They forget our fries-no wonder why she looked at me funny when I asked for BBQ sauce for the fries (I hate ketchup). Call back and they tell me to come back for them-nope. Now I've got two orders of Large Fries whenever I decide to go back. I was just too darn tired to check the bags, so stupid me.

Yep, life is never boring for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously