The wonder of technology!

Retail is not a business that is quick to embrace technology's many contributions to making things quicker and more efficient. To whit: my current employer has IBM registers that have been around as long as their stores have been in existence. Granted, some of the stores got thermal printers, but the dinosaur registers still rule the retail landscape.

My new employers are technology people. As a result, we've got emails going back and forth on a regular basis (and at late hours, too). We've got multiple laptops available for use in the one location. We've got a great remote email server.

So, here I sit at 12 midnight and I can be on top of what is going on at work, without being there. Okay, I know full well that in six months I'll probably curse the people who've brought us to this level of communication, but right now, it's rather cool!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously