How much can a heart take?

As I write this, Ed is on his way over to Lakeland. We got the phone call at 1:15. When the phone rings at that hour, and it lists Mom's number, its never a good sign.

Jane has heart failure again. This worries me because:
-She recently had bronchitis
-She's had several heart attacks
-She's had heart failure before
-She's diabetic and has bottomed and topped out before (including a time where she had both in one ER visit just over a year ago)

So, I ask, how much can a heart take? Does it bounce back from all of the episodes, or does it get weaker and weaker? She had to take a medical retirement a few years back due to her health, my fear is that these episodes will take a toll on her mobility.

Please spare some good thoughts. Oh yeah, if you have the answer to my question, let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously