update on the leg

Hives. What a lovely thing to deal with. Let's see, the medical allergy list now looks like this:
Penicillin
Indocin
Cortisone
Hydrocortisone
Percocet
Iodine
surgical adhesives
benzyl alcohol (used in injectible medications)
Neurontin
Calamine lotion (contains iodine)
hibbaclens

Do you get the feeling that my medic alert bracelet is going to be pretty big? Yes, we have further proof that I*am* a freak.

I'm looking on the bright side here, at least I didn't suffer through the Unna boot until the 14th, the original date it was coming off. I called Dr. J's office promptly Friday am and told them I was on my way. Nurse D fit me in as soon as she could-and apologized, saying that the hydrocortisone was her thought to prevent the itching that everyone complains about with the Unna boots. I go back on Monday and get to shell out another 20 dollar copay. Basically, they didn't do anything on Friday for the 20 dollar copay-they just looked at the leg to see where we stood. I think I should balk at paying the 20 on Monday. I'm going broke on these copays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously