Writing things off, the Golden Rule edition

I just finished writing an emotionally draining email and pressed the 'send' button. It has essentially put into words what I had done a while ago. I wrote off a friendship. I'd been hurt horribly by the one sided nature of this friendship. The other party did not know my true feelings, though. She had made it easy, by not communicating with me.

Then I got an email that was obviously BCCed to me. I didn't even rate a personal email to tell me of her plans to attend an event here in Florida. That was the final straw, I had to put my feelings out there, to either invite her back into my life or write her off. I chose the latter.

It's not an easy thing to do, to write off a friendship. Some people have as many friendships as there are seashells on a beach. I'm different, I can tell you each friend's birthday because I don't have so many. What I lack in quantity of friends has more than been made up in the quality of those friendships.

What ultimately made me write it off? The other person's lack of following the Golden Rule.
Yeah, you've all heard of it, but do you know what the Golden Rule is?

"The Golden Rule" is a fundamental
moral principle which simply means "treat others as you would like to be treated." It is arguably the most essential basis for the modern concept of human rights.

I really don't think the person I wrote off really thought about the net result of her actions. The write off probably caused me more pain than it ever will her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously