Is it just me?

Or do you get bothered when-

Someone calls you in a panic and says "I need you to..." which inconveniences you greatly. They don't ask "Would you please?" or consider the upheaval you're left with, because it doesn't just affect you, it affects the kids, etc. It's done in such a way that you cannot say no to the demand.

Someone doesn't call you for weeks at a time, but gives you an attitude when you DO call, as if you're the person doing the ignoring? The person this affects realized that the party involved NEVER calls UNLESS something is needed of them. Said party has also stopped calling to see how long it takes to get a call-so far, only calls when aid is required.

You have to censor yourself because you have to worry about stepping on someone's toes?

That's about all I can say without offending.

No, it's not just my situation, just something that bothers me. Giggles (and Tracey, too) will tell you that my parents raised us with a healthy dose of 'put yourself in the other person's shoes' and I do that to the best of my ability. It just sucks when someone you care about is hurting because others don't afford them the same courtesy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It depends on what they "need me to" and how urgent it is.

As for the not being called for weeks at a time....I've not heard from anyone...in years. I never call them, assuming they don't want to speak to me ever again if they never call.

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously