On the Ground Floor and Headed to the Basement

The new job isn't what I expected it to be. I'm feeling defeated and need to get out of this funk. I spent part of the work day Sunday feeling like I was going to burst into tears. I'm frustrated.

The selling style is so different from what has been successful for me for years. These are bigger ticket items, so the "Aren't YOU worth it?" type of selling doesn't close the sale. I need to find another angle. Even with things people need, rather than want, I'm not getting it done.

One of my coworkers observed that I'm doing too much. Meanwhile, I feel like I'm not doing enough. This job leaves me lots of down time-when I prefer to keep moving and occupied. As a result, I end up idle and thinking. Thinking about what I should be achieving, what I'm not earning, and that I just SUCK at this job.

It's really hard to snap out of the mood when I'm used to being awesome at what I do. I'm my own biggest cheerleader, but lately, I just can't find that self promoting inspiration.

How do I get out of this? Did I make a huge mistake? Should I throw in the towel?

This job has great potential. I love the company, the product, my coworkers, and the opportunities they offer. I hate the fact that the bank account is empty, I have too much free time and I'm not moving around enough for my freaking stupid leg to stop hurting.

To add to the frustration, the bills are killing me. It's a juggling act, worse than I've ever had to endure in my life. If I ever thought I was broke before, I had no clue what broke is. I'm sitting in a Mickey D's to post this, because the internet has been shut off. (I don't get that one-because I paid it three weeks ago.)

I'm at a loss.

Comments

Gypsydoodlebug said…
Oh, here's a (cheerleader smilie) for you!! Keep your chin up. You're always so sunny in light of darkness. I need that!
Kristy K said…
Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you and hope that things pick up **hug**
imaginary binky said…
I got yer cheerleader right here, lady. You are awesome in every way, and I don't tell you that enough. You'll hit your stride soon, and life will get better. If it doesn't, I'll beat it up for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously