What's For Dinner Wednesday

This week, Ed decided WFDW for me. He found a BBQ Pork Loin while marketing the other day and grabbed it. I was game for trying it, why not? Granted, I like getting unseasoned Pork Loins so I can work my own magic on them, but this one wasn't bad. I suggest giving them a try when you're pressed for time and/or ideas. (50 minutes in the convection toaster, woohoo)

A few weeks ago, I found a recipe for warm German Potato Salad. I thought it would be a good side for the pork, and this time I winged it. I used less mustard, more bacon and sauteed the onions in bacon fat. Yum!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks delicious and much more satisfying than McDonalds!
Gypsydoodlebug said…
mmmm I want the recipe for the German potatoes.
Suzanne said…
The recipe is so easy.

*5 large potatoes, washed and cut into cubes (I halved, halved again and cut into 4 pieces)

*5 slices of bacon, fried til crispy, then crumbled (don't drain the pan!)
*2 small onions, diced (I made the pieces big enough for Gameboy to pick out)
*1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
*1 1/2 tablespoons mustard
*2 tablespoons sugar (next time, I'm trying honey)
*2 teaspoons salt
*2 teaspoons pepper

Boil the potatoes and drain. In a large bowl, whisk together all but the bacon, onions and potatoes. Then add those ingredients and toss gently.

Yum.

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously