Teacher's Gift

These were a big hit with Chef's teacher:

The recipe makes so much that we have a container leftover for us, too. Oh, and a lot of candy cane debris in the pan, too.

I'm hoping Gameboy's teachers liked their popcorn. Usually, the middle school teachers don't get much in the way of gifts, but we find that the ESE teachers do have to have a lot more involvement with their students, so we send a token of thanks.

Now, the kids will be home for 17 days!

Edited to add the recipe for Peppermint Bark:
2 bags GOOD QUALITY Chocolate Chips (I used Ghiradelli 60% Cacao)
2 bags GOOD QUALITY White Chocolate Chips
1 tablespoon Peppermint Extract
Candy Canes, crushed

Take a cookie sheet and line it with wax paper or foil.

Next, use a double boiler(or a bowl atop a 3 qt pot half full of water) and melt the chocolate chips, stirring constantly (if I've got Scharffen Berger in the house, some of it will get melted into this). Once melted, spread out onto the cookie sheet and cool in the fridge for one hour.

Repeat the process with the white chocolate. At the very end, add the peppermint extract. (Do it sooner and it will seize and get crumbly) Quickly spread it over the chocolate layer.

Top with the crushed candy canes and chill for an hour or more.

Break apart as you see fit. I flipped it out of the pan and used a pizza wheel on mine.

Enjoy.

Comments

mmm....yours looks so much better than the batch I made wednesday night. how do you crush the candy canes? I put mine in a plastic bag and used a rolling pin, I was afraid the candy would damage the cuisinart...but I could be wrong.
Suzanne said…
I did the same, but I beat the candy canes instead of rolling. Then, once that bag broke, I put it into a trash bag and beat them some more. That also got holes. Darn pointy candy canes.

Based on what I've done with the Kitchen Aid in the past, I think it'll be fine to crush them in there. Just do one second pulses.
Jess said…
Recipe?? NOW.

Seriously, I can't find this stuff ANYWHERE up here. The local Loblaw's just came out with a dark chocolate version (yum, I know, but still...not the same)I tried making some a few years ago and I think the white chocolate I used was sub-par.
Unknown said…
Jess,I'm adding the recipe!
Jess said…
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
Grandy said…
Oh Yummy!!! That looks yummy!!! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously