And At The 11th Hour...

This morning, I went to our designated meeting facility to turn in my stuff and complete my work assignment. Forms in triplicate, do my final time sheet, turn in the computer. There was one thing I was waiting for this morning on my area, so I dilly dallied and got there at 10am.

I was sticking around, waiting to get my copy of the triplicate forms, when my supervisor’s boss answered his ringing phone.

“Yes?
Are you sure?
How many?
Seriously?”

He hangs up the phone, looks at me and asks “You want to keep working, right?” Does a bear poop in the woods? I didn’t put it that way, but my yes was rather quick and hyper. He told me don’t hold my breath, but once they got stuff ironed out, I’d get a call for the next stage of operations.

Then, another call came in. We needed to redo some canvassing. I was there, so I got sent out. When I returned, more details were available. Training starts Monday and it’s in another part of the county.

I feel like the governor’s office was calling to give a stay of execution at the 11:59pm. I was in the right place at the right time. I’m glad I had a bunch of time consuming work yesterday, otherwise I would have been done and wouldn’t have been asked.

Comments

Unknown said…
Very good. Right place - right time. Now if you could just rub some of that off on me?

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously