Suzanne's Soundtrack Sunday

When I got the new laptop with some of the tax refund, I knew it was a matter of time before Ed got to buy something fun with a portion of the remainder.

As is typical, he put a lot of research into his acquisition. Which was better? Would the items that came with this one work with that one, too. Is this version better? Ultimately, he found a chart online the other night giving the compatibility answers he desired and the verdict was in-for the Wii, it was either Rock Band OR Guitar Hero-the equipment was not compatible.

Tonight, he came home with Guitar Hero World Tour for the Wii. It is a ton of fun, and I may add a video from our after dinner exploits. Thus far, I've discovered:

*Lead singers get their inflated egos from the fact that they don't do as much, but get three times the paycheck per song!
*If you tried to play this set list as it stands at a real gig, the paying crowd would probably pelt you with tomatoes for playing some cheesy stuff after playing "Are You Gonna Go My Way".
*The neck on the game guitar is a LOT thicker than any neck on Ed's many (6? 8? not sure) guitars. This made playing songs that I've heard him play for real get him booed off the virtual stage.
*I still don't like "Eye of the Tiger", but this time? It's because no man should have a higher vocal range than me! I did sing "Beat It" and that's also high, but Michael Jackson does not qualify as a man in my book.
*The interstitial music is a tease. It'd be very cool if "Crazy Train" and "Heartbreaker" were in the set list, but they aren't.
*The nine year old Chef Jr has the moves down to look like a disaffected rock star!

The kids love the Wii. Ed laments the lack of good racing games. At least now he's got something that will provide hours of game time for him.

Comments

Saffa Chick said…
wow, new look blog! coooool...

We also have a new games console in my house. Stay tuned!

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously