Suzanne's Soundtrack Sunday

On the TV, there's a piano theme. One of the most recognizable movie themes: Halloween. It begs the question, how many movie themes or songs do you hear and instantly are transported to watching that movie.

I may be one of the few people on the planet who has not seen Jaws, but I know the theme well. It came out in 1976, and if my dad dared to take me to the theater to see it that summer, it wouldn't bode well for his Sunday ritual of soaking in the sun at Jones Beach.

That wasn't the first theme that was memorable. Once again, a horror movie captured the attention, but that time, I didn't realize it was. Mike Oldfield wrote Tubular Bells, and The Exorcist may have catapulted to the top of the box office because that song was everywhere when the movie came out.

Other songs may have extremely strong associations with the movies that contain them, but the horror movie themes? They stay with me.

How about you?

Comments

yeah, Tubular Bells and Jaws have a way of staying with you.

Live and Let Die stays with me....
Jess said…
Don't forget the eighties movies!

Pretty In Pink, Don't You (Forget About Me) that weird riff from Tron, Kenny Loggins TOP GUN!

so many more...
Altec said…
"Raindrops keep fallin' on my head" always makes me instantly think of the bicycle scene with Paul Newman in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
Altec said…
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=GiZcS40SYoc#t=50

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously