Thursday Tidbits

It was a long academic day, but at the end of it, I am weary and in pain-but the mind is swimming from the scholarly pursuits. So, little bits of this and that are the order for the day.

*While waiting for my 8am class to start this morning, I was chatting with a classmate and we agreed that the professor is definitely the type that you want for an 8am class. It was mentioned that Game Teen gets on the bus at 6:00, then I head over to Tampa from Lakeland. Then I was paid a compliment, that he should have figured me for a Poly student by the kind of questions I ask in class.

*I realized something today. For the drive between campuses, I dug out my Spanish for Gringoes CDs, but inspiration struck. The spanish textbook publisher has a website that we utilize for listening exercises. If I access that with my phone and plug it in to the car stereo. While those CDs are good, it's much better to practice the exact materials during the drive!

*There aren't a lot of food options close to campus (We're not going to go into the cafeteria on campus. Trust me on this.) Nearby, I'd passed a place that has a sign that says "Warning, our burgers are habit forming!" and the parking lot is always packed.

Today, I decided to see if the believed in truth in advertising. That lot was packed, the burgers were bargain priced, and indeed, I probably will develop a Thursday afternoon patty melt craving! When nearly everyone who was served was greeted by first name, I suspect that people are addicted.

*This semester, a class requires group work, but it might change my opinion somewhat. At least everyone contributes in this one.

*The 75 minute class is rough on the leg, the 2 hour one is worse and if I've spent the day in between classes in the computer lab, by the time I get to my last class, the leg was screaming in agony. At one month post op, I think it's time to visit with the neurologist to assess the degree of damage this last surgery caused.

*I think I hear my pillow...


Comments

Mike Golch said…
Just dropped in to say Hi,sorry that i have not been commenting as i should be.
Keri said…
Hi, Suzanne, what a fun and interesting blog. Need to read further to see what's up with your leg. The word patty melt is what brought me here. I do sandwiches at www.samwich365.com. Nothing serious, just fun between two slices of bread. More later, you new follower, Keri (a.k.a. Sam)

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously