Quiet

One child is off camping this weekend. This means the house is a lot quieter. No battles between the two, no yelling at someone to stop the monologues about Pokemon, no nagging me "I want to watch Chef play XYZ, but he says he doesn't want to play."

What did I do? Surf the net, and read while floating in the pool. It was very nice, but I figured it would not be a good idea to take a textbook into the pool, so I grabbed a paperback and lounged around for a couple of hours. I've got some toasted body parts to show for the experience.

Now, if only the neighbors who were enjoying their pool at the same time had better taste in music. About five minutes after I got into mine, they started cranking the stereo and it was an afternoon of Roxette, Michael Jackson, and other artists that aren't on my preferred list. Oh well, can't have everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously