Yay

We've been anxiously waiting. There's a location on the other side of town, a few miles away from campus. However, the 20 mile drive just to get a frozen confection is a little far for a regular treat.

So, we were happy to notice a new location closer to home being readied for opening. In fact, Ed and I drove by the location earlier this week to see how close to completion it was. Pretty close.

Tonight, Chef and I ran an errand to the nearby pet supply store. While waiting at the traffic light, we saw this fella:


ICE GUY!!!!!

This had to mean one thing: the new Rita's was open!

Chef and I quickly completed our business at the pet store (shampoo for Scamp and a laser pointer, at Chef's request) and we pulled into the lot, with Ice Guy happily waving. We gave him high fives.

The $1.00 gelatis were wonderful. I'm hoping that now that it's close by, I can use the promise of a trip to Rita's to corral the kids into doing my bidding...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously