Opa!

Since watching Jamie's Food Escapes on the Cooking Channel the other night, I've had a hankering for his Souvlaki as presented on the show.

If there is one cuisine I can't get enough of, it's probably Greek food. I'll even eat fish if it's presented in a traditional Greek recipe. So it's not a surprise that this one was crying out for me to make it. The fact that it was really easy and Greek yogurt is getting easier to come by meant that a little bit of prep work netted this:


My only problem is I didn't get enough pita bread. We've got some leftovers for tomorrow and nothing to serve them on. I will say that Jamie's recipe called for pork, but I made chicken and it turned out fantastic. It'd probably be bold enough to use on beef, but if you marinate it for a few hours to let the flavors sink in.

The potatoes to the right were just cubed, tossed in olive oil and seasoned with sea salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder, then cooked on the grill for 45 minutes. It was lazy home fries and they were good.

Opa!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously