Suzanne's Soundtrack Sunday

I know, I know. Long time readers are scratching their heads, figuring I was done with the Sunday music posts. It's time to resurrect this topic, because I like being able to prepare what I'll write about. Especially now that there will be three classes and a job to occupy most of my time!

A friend started doing the 30 Day Song Challenge on Facebook last month and well, I had to do it. It was a meme with a twist, asking participants to name a song that reminded them of an event, a song that made them happy, guilty, or a song that they listened to when angry.

It inspired a lot of thought. Some of the selections were tough. I really couldn't come up with one for guilty until Ed told me what his was (he took the challenge, too). In this space, I'd mentioned that we had three songs with the designation "Our Song." I posted one, he posted another. (We selected the same song to be played at our funeral) Some of the choices might not have been so difficult, if only I'd thought to peruse the archives of SSS to see what musings I'd had on the topics.

The list:

day 01 - your favorite song
October Project, Take Me As I Am

day 02 - your least favorite song
Celine Dion, My Heart Will Go On

day 03 - a song that makes you happy
Steve Harwell, Fun in the Sun

day 04 - a song that makes you sad
Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss, Whiskey Lullabye

day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone
The Fifth Dimension, Wedding Bell Blues

day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere
Gary Wright, Dream Weaver

day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event
The Mavericks, All You Ever Do is Bring Me Down

day 08 - a song that you know all the words to
Carl Orff's Carmina Burana, O Fortuna

day 09 - a song that you can dance to
The Chicken Dance. Yes, I really chose the Chicken Dance.

day 10 - a song that makes you fall asleep
Lee Greenwood, God Bless the USA

day 11 - a song from your favorite band
Marillion, Kayleigh (Fish era) and Easter (Hogarth era)

day 12 - a song from a band you hate
Guns N Roses, November Rain

day 13 - a song that is a guilty pleasure
Abba, Take a Chance on Me

day 14 - a song that no one would expect you to love
Deborah Gibson, I Love You

day 15 - a song that describes you
Space Ghost, I Love Almost Everybody

day 16 - a song that you used to love but now hate
Styx, Mr. Roboto

day 17 - a song that you hear often on the radio
Rush, Limelight

day 18 - a song that you wish you heard on the radio
Squeeze, Misadventure

day 19 - a song from your favorite album
October Project, Always

day 20 - a song that you listen to when you’re angry
Pink, So What

day 21 - a song that you listen to when you’re happy
The Romantics, What I Like About You

day 22 - a song that you listen to when you’re sad
Kellie Coffey, Dance With My Father

day 23 - a song that you want to play at your wedding
Marillion, Made Again

day 24 - a song that you want to play at your funeral
Echolyn, Never the Same

day 25 - a song that makes you laugh
Star Trek/Monty Python, Knights of the Round Table

day 26 - a song that you can play on an instrument
Raymond Hannisian, Movin On

day 27 - a song that you wish you could play
Billy Joel, Angry Young Man

day 28 - a song that makes you feel guilty
Shaun Cassidy, Da Doo Ron Ron

day 29 - a song from your childhood
Johnny Nash, I Can See Clearly Now

day 30 - your favorite song at this time last year
Sara Bareilles, King of Anything

It is an eclectic list, as I'd pledged at the beginning of the challenge. Sometimes, there were three or four songs that would have fit the bill perfectly. The challenge asked that you post YouTube videos for the songs to share, but in the interests of space and loading times, I'm not placing them here.

However, if something interests you, I promise if you cut and paste a title in You Tube, you'll probably get the version that was posted to my wall. It's almost like having a Suzanne jukebox.

What about you? Did you or are you going to participate in the challenge?

Comments

Your song list is amazing! I'm still working on mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously