Popcorn

In an office, there is no better thing than smelling popcorn popping in the microwave. Provided it isn't burning popcorn, that is!

I'm a fan of the microwaved stuff, but I don't eat a lot of it. In fact, I brought a package of the 'snack' sized bags to work, and at that, I might eat half. Consider it yet another of my food quirks that Ed would find odd, if he actually liked popcorn. That's part of the reason why I have it at work.

Today, I popped a bag and the COO and his assistant came from another office in my building, commenting before they even got to me "mmmmm, that smells good," not realizing where it came from. They rounded the corner to my desk and it was an immediate conversation starter.

I offered some, they politely declined. I explain that I won't even finish the bag, I never do, and the COO decides to grab a handful.

He got a look on his face like he was about five years old and I got an excited 'thanks!' as he got some to munch on for his walk back to his office.

It's always nice to not waste the uneaten popcorn. Better still when it makes some react like a little kid for a moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously