Country Ribs-Low and Slow

I went to the market today for something to make for dinner. They had country ribs on sale, which I love-but I didn't feel like parboiling them. I figured I would put the GMG grill to work, and oh my, that was a smart move.

You can do this in the oven, but if you have a grill that you can turn down the temperature to 250, go that route-especially if it is a wood fired or pellet grill. Basically, I took the ribs, rinsed them, then put my own pork rub on them: 1.5 cups brown sugar 1/2 cup kosher salt 3 tablespoons onion powder 1 teaspoon mustard powder 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon cumin 1 tablespoon paprika Then, they went on the grill. I didn't touch them for 90 minutes. Then, I turned them every half hour. Three hours in, I turned the thermostat up to 350, because I had chicken I wanted to grill (that same rub works fantastic on chicken, too).

Thirty minutes later, we were enjoying ribs without sauce-they didn't need it, as well as some really tender boneless chicken breasts. The best part is that I have leftovers to enjoy tomorrow, too.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously