Lending an Ear

Even though I talk a lot (and I mean A LOT), I am a good listener. It is one of the reasons that I had considered getting a MSW or becoming a psychologist. Why I didn't, you wonder? Because I know I'd probably get too invested in fixing other people's problems.

On the other hand, when it comes to friends and coworkers, I am the ear and sounding board. That psychology background helps me to guide, to form opinions on experiences and make sense of some stuff that may not make sense when one is mired in it. Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of people I know are going through some heavy duty crap.

If I can help, I will always do what I can. Sometimes, though, I wish I could just knock sense into the parties that are causing these crises, that they've taken advantage of gentle souls too much and need to bug off. I wish I could fix things. Since I can't, I'll just keep trying to listen and advise.

See? I knew that trying to do this for many wouldn't be good. I'll just help the few...

Comments

ligirl said…
Love you! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously