Bartending Blunder

On several websites, you can find the recipe for a drink called the 'Bailey's Chocolate Covered Cherry'. My boss found it and thought it would make a great signature drink for our party and made a pitcher of the Kahlua, Baileys, and Captain Morgan, with the plans to layer in the grenadine called for in the recipe.

How many of my readers just looked at that combination and cringed?

Grenadine contains citrus, Bailey's contains cream. Have you ever mixed the two?

Well, it didn't go well.

Here's the thing: I don't think Grenadine is the best way to add cherry flavor to a drink, but my other idea at the time wouldn't work, either: cherry 7Up. It wasn't until I got home and realized that Kirshwasser is the way to add cherry flavor without curdling things. Also known as Cherry Brandy.

Now, the drink is kind of potent, and adding more alcohol is going to make it more potent. I just have to figure out exactly which non-alcoholic mixer to add...

Comments

Ed said…
It all seems so clear to me now...

CHOCOLATE MILK

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously