Spring Training

Tuesday, I tried to drive to the post office on my way home from work-and spent 10 minutes trying to go a quarter mile within a half mile of the post office.

Wednesday, I asked the kids if they wanted to go out to dinner. Typically, 8pm on a Wednesday night is when you can find a half-filled restaurant, which is why finding a full restaurant like it was 7pm on a Saturday was odd.

Tonight, we went to dinner to celebrate my new job, and struck out on my first, second, third and fourth choice. I was clutching at straws-every place was excessively packed, including the good Chinese buffet on the other side of town that can seat about 500!

Such is life in a town that hosts Spring Training. The next month will bring some minor inconveniences and some changes to routine.

However, one thing is true: this is the time to enjoy our local gems, the independent restaurants. Where we ended up wasn't too busy, we were seated immediately, and it was darn good. I suspect we'll be giving the local guys more business this month, as the major chains are getting all the Tigers fans!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously