What Time is the 3 O'Clock Storm?

It has begun.

Most days, from May until September, you can pretty much set your watch by the afternoon thunderbumper. Today, I got an email from our coordinator to come sign a couple of birthday cards and decided to stretch my legs. My office is in an annex building, and it has no windows, except for next to our entrance.

Whoa, Nellie, the sky was BLACK! It was rather ominous. I opened the door and the wind was whipping around. The thunder and lightning became quite apparent in moments, and when I returned from walking across the (covered) promenade, my hair was quite tousled.

Floridians don't need to look at their watches. Of course, it's 3pm!

As there haven't been too many yet this year, my boss came through and gave the admonition 'save, and save often'. Apparently, that power outage a few weeks ago is a common situation in our annex during the summer. Guess it's a good thing I have tasks I can do without power.

So, if you are visiting the Sunshine state any time soon, know that the rain arrives around 3pm...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously