How Times Change

Thirty years ago, if I wanted to learn how to play a song, I'd spend a lot of time in front of the piano, annoying the whole family while I figured the song out. Perhaps that was the motivation in giving me some cash for painting the house and my 18th birthday-I got a $200. Casio keyboard that I could plug headphones into.

Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Tim Minchin, and there are three songs I want to learn. Thing is, he doesn't know how to read or write music, so a lot of his stuff doesn't have sheet music. Here's where times change: I sat with my iPad using Garage Band and the YouTube video of this song:



I'm about a minute in on it and would be further if GameTeen didn't take over the iPad. It sure is a lot easier to figure these things out when you've got a video you can listen to over and over.

Of course, I pick the one that is a little low in my vocal range...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously